§ Mr. Woodburn
asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether he has yet appointed a committee to examine the general question of the training of civil servants; and, if so, whether he will state its composition and terms of reference?
§ Sir K. Wood
Yes, Sir. I have set up a Committee with the following membership:1056W
The terms of reference of the Committee are:
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury—Chairman.
- Sir Harold Hartley—Vice-President, London Midland and Scottish Railway Company.
- Sir Kenneth Lee—Chairman, Tootal Broad-hurst Lee Company Limited.
- Miss Myra Curtis—Principal, Newnham College, Cambridge.
- Mr. A. J. T. Day—Chairman, Staff Side, National Whitley Council.
- Mr. A. L. N. D. Houghton, Staff Side, National Whitley Council.
- Sir Thomas Gardiner—Director General, General Post Office.
- Sir Robert Wood—Deputy Secretary, Board of Education.
- Mr. H. Wilson Smith—Under Secretary, Treasury.To examine the general question of the training of civil servants, including the question whether a Staff College should be established, and, if so, the particular form and character which that college should take.