HC Deb 03 June 1943 vol 390 c379W
Mr. Hutchinson

asked the Minister of Health whether, in cases where a patient requires his panel doctor to complete the necessary forms for certificates required under the food regulations to enable the patient to obtain special items of additional diet, such as milk and eggs, necessary for the patient's state of health, the doctor is authorised to charge his panel patient any fee for completing the necessary documents?

Mr. E. Brown

Insurance medical practitioners are required to give medical certicates only for the purposes of the National Health Insurance Acts. They are not forbidden to give and charge for certificates required for other purposes.