HC Deb 06 April 1943 vol 388 c500W
Mr. Lees-Jones

asked the Secretary of State for War on what basis War Office gratuities are being issued to officers who cease to serve further in this war on account of ill-health; and how the present practice compares with that operating during the last war?

Sir J. Grigg

Officers invalided for attributable disabilities are dealt with by the Ministry of Pensions whether by way of disability retired pay or gratuity. The arrangements in the last war were similar.