HC Deb 13 October 1942 vol 383 c1504W
Mr. Ellis Smith

asked the Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Works and Planning, who is in charge of planning for North Staffordshire; will consultations take place with the Stoke City Council; and is it intended to keep the city council fully informed?

Mr. H. Strauss

The planning authorities for the purposes of the Town and Country Planning Act, 1932, are laid down in Section 2 of that Act, and include the Stoke City Council. If my hon. Friend's Question refers to my Noble Friend's organisation, my Noble Friend has appointed planning officers with headquarters at convenient centres in order to facilitate collaboration with local authorities in Town and Country Planning. A planning officer, with headquarters at Birmingham, has been appointed for the area which includes North Staffordshire. He will be in contact with the Stoke City Council and other authorities in his area, in order to keep my Noble Friend informed of their problems, and the local authorities informed of the requirements of national policy as it is developed.