§ Mr. Amery
The Viceroy's Executive Council is composed as follows: —
- General Sir A. P. Wavell, G.C.B., C.M.G., M.C. (War).
- Sir R. M. Maxwell, K.C.S.I., C.I.E. (Home)
- Sir J. Raisman, K.C.S.I., C.I.E. (Finance).
- Mr. N. R. Sarkar (Commerce).
- Sir H. P. Mody (Supply).
- Sir Sultan Ahmed (Law).
- Sir J. P. Srivastava, K.B.E. (Civil Defence).
- Mr. M. S. Aney (Indians Overseas and leader in the Legislature).
- Malik Sir Firoz Khan Noon, K.C.S.I., K.C.I.E. (Defence).
- Sardar Sir Jogendra Singh (Education, Health and Lands).
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar (Labour).
- Sir E. C. Benthall (War Transport).
- Khan Bahadur Sir Mohammad Usman, K.C.I.E. (Posts and Air).
- Sir Ramaswami Mudaliar (Member without Portfolio and accredited representative of India at the War Cabinet).
The post of Information Member is at present vacant through the resignation of Sir C. P. Ramaswami Aiyar.