HC Deb 30 January 1941 vol 368 cc702-3W
Mr. Wilson

asked the Minister of Pensions whether any special provision has been made or is contemplated in cases where, owing to enemy action, the parents have been killed and the children are minors; whether in such cases there is anything for them except application for public assistance and, if so, whether it means residence in a public institution?

Sir W. Womersley

The Personal Injuries (Civilians) Scheme provides pensions for orphan children of gainfully occupied persons and Civil Defence volunteers who are killed as a result of war injury or war-service injury respectively.