HC Deb 30 July 1940 vol 363 c1185W
Sir L. Lyle

asked the Minister of Health from whom and how the extra outlay is to be recovered in all cases where children evacuees develop such maladies as measles or scarlet fever necessitating extra outlay on the part of the hosts?

Mr. M. MacDonald

Where the householder is willing to nurse in the house a child suffering from an ailment which can suitably be treated at home, and the medical practitioner in attendance considers that treatment can safely be provided in the house concerned and that extra outlay or attention will be necessitated, the householder can obtain from the practitioner a weekly certificate to this effect. The certificate should be sent to the medical officer of health of the billeting local authority, which will make a payment of 5s. to the householder in respect of each certificate.

Forward to