HC Deb 17 July 1940 vol 363 c229W
Mr. David Adams

asked the Under-Secretary of State for the Colonies whether there is any Government-controlled school in Ceylon or elsewhere in the Colonial Empire authorised to give degrees of university standing?

Mr. George Hall

Degrees are conferred by the Universities of Malta and Hong Kong, both of which receive financial assistance from the Government. No other state-aided institution in the Colonial Empire is competent to confer university degrees.

Back to
Forward to