HC Deb 02 July 1940 vol 362 c692W
Sir A. Baillie

asked the Minister of Agriculture, in connection with his announcement that all vacant pieces of land must be used for food cultivation, to whom representations should be made by the public who are familiar with tracts of land which are either entirely uncultivated or have been allowed to carry rough grass only?

Mr. Hudson

Where such land is in an urban area and is suitable for cultivation as allotments, it should be brought to the notice of the borough or urban district council. In all other cases representations should be made to the War Agricultural Executive Committee for the county in which the land is situated.