Mr. David Adams
asked the Minister of Shipping whether he has now set up an advisory board of shipowners' representatives and those of their employes; and will he state the personnel of the board?
§ Sir J. Gilmour
Yes, Sir. The Advisory Council held its first meeting on Friday last. The following is the List of Members:
- Sir John Gilmour (The Minister of Shipping).
- Sir Cyril Hurcomb (Director-General, Ministry of Shipping).
- Sir Vernon Thomson (Principal Shipping Adviser).
- Sir Julian Foley (Secretary, Ministry of Shipping).
- Sir Percy E. Bates, C.B.E. (Cunard White Star Limited, etc.).
- Mr. S. C. Bradley (Amalgamated Engineering Union).
- Mr. D. Bramah, C.B.E. (Marine Engineers Association).
- Captain W. H. Coombs (Officers (Merchant Navy) Federation).
- Sir William C. Currie (P. & O. Steam Navigation Company, etc.).
- Lord Essendon (Furness Withy and Company, Limited, Royal Mail Lines, Limited, etc.).
- Sir Philip Haldin (Court Line Limited, Lamport and Holt Line, Limited).
- Mr. H. S. Holden (Ellerman Lines Limited, etc.).
- Mr. S. James (National Union of Seamen).
- The Hon. J. P. Maclay, M.P. (Maclay and Mclntyre, Limited).
- Mr. D. W. Milford (Transport and General Workers Union).
- Mr. H. J. Perkins (Radio Officers Union).
- Sir Alfred Read (Coast Lines, Limited).
- Mr. George Reed (National Union of Seamen).
- Sir G. Leighton Seager, C.B.E., J.P. (W. H. Seager and Company, Limited).
- Mr. W. R. Spence, C.B.E. (National Union of Seamen).
- Sir Arthur M. Sutherland, Bt., K.B.E.(B. J. Sutherland and Company, Limited, etc.).
- Mr. A. Wilson (Mercantile Marine Service Association).