HC Deb 23 November 1938 vol 341 cc1791-2W
Mr. Parker

asked the Minister of Transport whether it is intended to extend the widened Barking by-pass from the Barking boundaries towards the City; and, if so, when is this going to be begun and by whom?

Mr. Burgin

The responsible highway authorities for the length of road in question are the County Boroughs of East Ham and West Ham. I am prepared to consider, at any time, an application from them for a grant from the Road Fund towards the cost of extending the dual carriageway system.