§ Mr. T. Smith
asked the Minister of Transport what committees connected with his Department are now in being; and if he will state in each case the name of the committee, whether it is classified as departmental, advisory, or otherwise; whether it is a statutory committee or otherwise; when it was appointed; and whether it consists of or includes representatives of interests concerned?
§ Mr. Burgin
The following is a list of the committees connected with my Department, other than those composed exclusively of officials, which are now in being:
- (1) Statutory Advisory Committees, including representatives of interests concerned:
- Transport Advisory Council. Appointed February, 1934.
- London and Home Counties Traffic Advisory Committee. Appointee December, 1924, re-appointed every three years.
- (2) Non-Statutory Committees, all including representatives of interests concerned:
- Railway Employment (Safety Appliances) Standing Advisory Committee. Appointed April, 1906.
- Standing Committee on Mineral Transport. Appointed February, 1927.
- Experimental Work on Highways (Technical) Departmental Advisory Committee. Appointed July, 1933.
- Departmental Committee on Highway Law Consolidation. Appointed January, 1938.
- Road Transport (Defence) Advisory Committee. Appointed September, 1938.
- (3) Non-Statutory Committee, appointed jointly with the Home Office.
- Hackney Carriages and Private Hire Vehicles Departmental Committee. Appointed July, 1938. The Committee consists (apart from the Chairman) of Members of Parliament and one Member of the Transport Advisory Council.