HC Deb 28 July 1938 vol 338 cc3326-7W
Mr. C. Wilson

asked the Minister of Labour in cases where young men and/or young women of 18 years of age and over are offered employment necessitating their removal from home, what responsibility is undertaken by the Ministry in regard to lodging accommodation and for what period such responsibility continues to be exercised, and with whom, if there is a complaint about the accommodation or employment, such young persons are able to communicate?

Mr. E. Brown

Before offering employment to young persons which necessitates removal from home, the Employment Exchanges ascertain, as far as practicable, that suitable lodging accommodation is available, and advise them to apply to the exchange in case of difficulty. Although my Department can take no responsibility as regards accommodation, the exchanges are at all times prepared to assist any applicant who seeks their advice about accommodation or employment.