HC Deb 17 February 1937 vol 320 c1198W
Sir W. Davison

asked the Minister of Health whether his attention has been drawn to a recent case of the death of a retired naval officer due to carbon monoxide poisoning occasioned by improperly combusted coal gas from the geyser supplied for heating the water in the bathroom; and whether, in view of the frequency of such accidents, he will take steps to prevent the sale to the public of geysers which are not properly ventilated or are likely to get out of order?

Mr. Hudson

The answer to the first part of the question is in the affirmative. As regards the latter part my right hon. Friend is considering in consultation with my right hon. Friend, the President of the Board of Trade, what action can be taken.