§ Captain ERSKINE-BOLST
asked the Minister of Transport the names of the towns which have obtained the speed limit; the nature of the speed limit in each case; and the towns which have applied for such a speed limit?
The information asked for is as follows:
- Applications granted:
- Southampton County Borough Council—speed limit 15 miles per hour on roads in the Southampton Docks.
- Isle of Ely County Council—speed limit 10 miles per hour for heavy vehicles on a short stretch of road in Wisbech.
- Oxford County Borough Council—speed limit 30 miles per hour.
- Worcester County Council—speed limit 4 miles per hour on a short stretch of road through the Abbey Gateway, Malvern.
- Applications received but not granted:
- Isle of Ely County Council in respect of a road in Ely.
- West Riding County Council in respect of a road in Addingham.
- Berkshire County Council in respect of roads in Bray and Braywick.
- Dundee Town Council in respect of one road.
- Tottenham Borough Council in respect of one road.
- Applications received and under consideration:
- Monmouth and Herefordshire County Councils jointly in respect of a road at Wyaston Leys.
- Devon County Council in respect of a section of the Seaton-Beer Road.