HC Deb 20 December 1934 vol 296 cc1353-4W

asked the Minister of Labour whether when the Unemployment Assistance Board takes over transitional payments, he will instruct the Poor Law authorities to keep a record of applications for help from uninsured men over 65 years of age who, owing to their age, are not regarded as able-bodied and who are not old enough to obtain a pension, with the object of ascertaining the economic difficulties of people between 65 and 70 years of age?


I have no authority to instruct local authorities to keep such records as my hon. Friend suggests.