§ Sir H. CAYZER
asked the First Lord of the Admiralty what constructional and repair work is now being carried out at Portsmouth Dockyard?
§ Mr. AMMON
The destroyers "Crusader" and "Comet" and the auxiliary craft "Nightingale" are now under construction at Portsmouth. A leader was ordered on 14th February, and a cruiser will be ordered on 2nd March. The following are in hand for repairs, etc.:
- "Barham" for reconstruction;
- "Hood" for large repair;
- "Emperor of India" for preparation for sale;
- "Concord" for refit;
- 1 destroyer for retubing of boilers and refit.;
- 2 destroyers for refit;
- 3 submarines for repairs and alterations;
- 1 minesweeper for refit; and
- 18 small craft for repairs, etc.