§ Mr. WARDLAW-MILNE
asked the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs if he will give particulars of the length of service in Egypt in each case of the senior permanent British officials attached to the residency in Cairo?
Mr. A. HENDERSON
I presume that the hon. Member refers to the senior members of the Diplomatic Staff of the British Residency. The dates of appointment to Cairo of the present staff are as follow:
- High Commissioner, 27th August, 1929.
- Minister, 20th February, 1928.
- First Secretary, 12th December, 1929.
- Commercial Secretary (1st Grade) (with local rank of First Secretary), 6th October, 1928.
- Oriental Secretary (with local rank of Counsellor) 1st April, 1926.
- Assistant Oriental Secretary (with local rank of Second Secretary), 16th March, 1925.
The last named officer was previously employed at Cairo from 1918 to 1920.