HC Deb 31 January 1929 vol 224 c1152W

asked the Minister of Health what arrangements are made for the franking of the National Health Insurance cards of agricultural workers who are unemployed?


Agricultural workers who are unemployed may have their contribution cards franked in the normal course if they register for work at a local office of the Ministry of Labour. If any such worker cannot attend at a local office his approved society will inform him on inquiry what alternative evidence of unemployment they will accept. The matter is explained in the recently issued supplement to the Approved Societies' Handbook, which contains a model form of certificate for use by the insured person in such circumstances. I am forwarding a copy of this book to the hon. Member.

Forward to