Lieut.-Colonel V. HENDERSON
asked the Financial Secretary to the Treasury whether he has appointed, or proposes to appoint, a committee to examine the subject of valuation of stocks held by the three fighting Departments; and, if so, the constitution of the committee and its terms of reference?852W
§ Mr. R. McNEILL
A committee has been appointed with the following terms of reference:
"To examine the subject of valuation of stocks held by the Navy, Army and Air Force, and to report the extent to which valuation is (a) feasible, (b) likely to he valuable as an instrument of Parliamentary or Departmental control, and the extent to which the results of valuation, if made, should be published with the accounts of Departments."
The Committee is constituted as follows:
- Lieut.-Colonel Sir Assheton Pownall, O.B.E., M.P.
Representing the Treasury:
- Mr. Harry Salmon.
- Mr. F. Phillips.
- Mr. A. E. Watson, C.B.E.
Representing the Admiralty:
- Mr. J. W. L. Oliver, C.B., C.B.E., Director of Stores.
- Mr. F. W. W. Burrell, O.B.E., Director of Expense Accounts.
- Mr. R. W. Wharhirst, Superintendent of Armament Supply.
Representing the War Office:
- Mr. B. M. Draper, C.B., Director of Finance.
- Mr. A. T. V. Robinson, Controller of Cost Accounts.
Representing the Air Ministry:
- Mr. B. E. Holloway, C.B., Principal Assistant Secretary.
- Mr. H. W. Clothier, Deputy-Director for Store Accounts.