HC Deb 23 March 1926 vol 193 c1049W

asked the Secretary for Scotland what steps he proposes to take to carry out the second recommendation of the Scottish National Conference on Agriculture with regard to liming, and whether he now proposes to develop the lime kilns at Loch Eriboll?


As I stated in the reply which I gave to the hon. and gallant Member for Galloway (Captain Streatfeild) on the 15th February, the question of assistance in the provision of lime is under consideration, but no decision has yet been reached. Looking to the condition of the lime kilns at Eriboll, and the high cost of restarting them, and to the fact that it has been decided to offer the Eriboll property for sale, I do not propose in present circumstances to take any action with the object of developing these kilns.

Forward to