§ Mr. GROVES
asked the Minister of Health which were the districts in which the nine small-pox deaths were registered in the year 1925 and the name of the disease or diseases which appeared on the death certificate in those instances in which some other disease as well as smallpox was mentioned?
The districts in England and Wales in which small-pox deaths were registered in 1925 were as follow:
The undermentioned disease or diseases appeared on the death certificate in those instances in which some other disease as well as small-pox was mentioned:
- Strood Rural District;
- Chesterfield Rural District;
- Sleaford Urban District;
- Kettering Urban District (two deaths);
- Chesterfield Borough;
- Dartford Urban District;
- Middlesbrough County Borough;
- Newcastle-on-Tyne County Borough.
- (a) Hypostatic pneumonia.
- (b) Marasmus.
- (c) Premature birth.
- (d) Chronic nephritis; myocarditis: bronchitis; ascites.
- (e) Broncho-pneumonia.
- (f) Pulmonary tuberculosis; spontaneous pneumothorax.