HC Deb 21 July 1926 vol 198 c1234W

asked the Minister of Health whether he will consider introducing, in connection with the scheme for rural housing, some system of loans for restoring the condition of cottages which have fallen into disrepair, so as to provide habitations for agricultural workers at a rental which they are able to pay?


The matter referred to by my hon. and gallant Friend is receiving consideration in connection with the proposals dealing with rural housing, which I hope shortly to place before Parliament. I may, however, point out that there are already in the Housing Act, 1925, provisions enabling local authorities to lend money to persons proposing to improve houses.