HC Deb 08 April 1925 vol 182 c2238W

asked the Minister of Pensions whether it is new necessary for the widowed mother, aged 60 or more, who lost a son in the Great War and who is applying for a need pension, to submit a certificate from her private doctor that she is unable to work; and, if so, when the Regulation was altered, and issue instructions that all applications from aged widows for need pensions shall be considered without the applicant being compelled to purchase or pay for a medical certificate?

Lieut.-Colonel STANLEY

A private medical certificate would not ordinarily be required to be submitted in such a case. No change in the Regulations has been made in this respect.