HC Deb 01 April 1925 vol 182 cc1330-1W
Lieut.-Colonel POWNALL

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether he will arrange in future to announce any decision as to fresh Government financial issues as soon as such decision is arrived at, and so obviate the danger of leakage which arises at present while the prospectus is being drawn up and printed?


I have already made some inquiries on this point, and am informed that there is considerable doubt whether procedure on the lines suggested by my hon. and gallant Friend would be regarded as convenient or whether it would work equitably. I intend, however, to give the question further consideration.