§ Mr. HANNON
asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer the amount which has been collected in premiums for the556W
- ment (1) the value of the exports to Latvia in 1923;
- (2) the value of the exports to Lithuania in 1923;
- (3) the value of exports to Esthonia in 1923;
- (4) the value of the exports to Finland in 1923;
- (5) the value of the exports to Poland in 1923;
- (6) the value of the exports to Russia in 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1919, 1920, 1921, 1922 and 1923?
The following statement shows the value of the export trade of the United Kingdom with the countries, and during the year specified, so far as the particulars are available:
insurance of credits approved by the Department of Overseas Trade; what amount of loss on such credits has o actually been incurred: what amounts 557W have been paid by the Treasury; and what amounts are still outstanding on account of such losses?
§ Mr. LUNN
With regard to the first part of the question, the amount which has been collected in premia on the guaranteeing of credits up to 30th June last is £91,050 18s. 4d. The total payments made to the 30th June under the Guarantee Scheme in respect of bills which have not been met amounted to £340,889 11s. 8d., whilst recoveries have totalled £188,597 13s. 11d., leaving an amount outstanding of £152,291 17s. 9d. This amount, however, must not be regarded as lost, as further substantial recoveries will certainly be realised.