HC Deb 13 May 1924 vol 173 c1168W

asked the Minister of Health whether he is aware that a member serving on a local urban or rural council can secure an advance under the Small Dwellings Acquisition Act without disqualification of membership, whereas he is disqualified from obtaining the Government subsidy under the Housing Act, 1923; and will he take steps to have this anomaly removed?


The legal position is as stated, but my right hon. Friend cannot see his way to introduce legislation to enable a member of a local authority to enter into a contract with his own authority.

Back to