§ Miss JEWSON
asked the Minister of Health whether the approved societies branch of the Insurance Department of the Ministry of Health deals with the administration of the benefits of men and women under the National Health Insurance Acts; if so, how many men and women, respectively, above the lower clerical grade are employed therein; and what are their ranks and salaries?
§ Mr. WHEATLEY
The answer to the first part of the question is "Yes." There are 37 posts in this branch above the lower clerical grade, all of which are held by men, as follows:
- 1 Head of branch at £850—£25—£1,000.
- 6 Superintending clerks at £550—£20—£700.
- 11 First class clerks at £400—£l5—£500.
- 16 Second class clerks at £100—£10—£130—£15—£400.
- 3 Higher grade clerks at £300—£15—£400.