HC Deb 14 July 1924 vol 176 c46W

asked the Under-Secretary of State for India whether Army officers proceeding from India to Burma receive a special Burma allowance on account of the increased cost of living in the latter country such as is given to Government officials, civil servants, police, public work departments, etc.; and, if not, whether it is proposed to give a Burma allowance to Army officers, and on what scale?


The answer to the first part of the question is in the negative. I understand that the matter is being considered by the Government of India in connection with the impending revision of pay.

Forward to