HC Deb 14 February 1924 vol 169 cc1029-30W

asked the Minister of Pensions if he will send to the parents of deceased ex-service men intimation that if they desire to appeal against any reduction of their pensions they can do so before the local pensions committee of their area; and will he send word to those parents whose pensions have already been reduced what procedure they must follow to have their cases reviewed?


I would refer my hon. Friend to the answer which I gave to the hon. Member for Middlesbrough West (Mr. T. Thomson) on the 12th instant and to the answer which I am giving him to-day and of which I am sending copies to my hon. Friend. The facilities for making a complaint through war pensions committees are well known, and I think there should be no difficulty about any pensioner affected having full opportunity of stating his or her case. A letter addressed by the pensioner affected to any office of the Ministry will ensure that the case is sympathetically reviewed.