§ Brigadier-General COLVIN
asked the Financial Secretary to the Treasury what was the number of officers employed at the Treasury in 1914 whose maximum scale of pay exceeded £1,500 per annum; what is the number of such officers employed at the present time; and what is the nature of their duties?
§ Sir W. JOYNSON-HICKS
The number of officers employed in the Treasury in 1914 with a maximum salary exceeding £1,500 per annum was two; the number of such officers at the present time is six. They act in the following capacities:
- Permanent Secretary and Head of the Civil Service.
- Controller of Supply Services.
- Controller of Establishments.
- Controller of Finance.
- Deputy-Controller of Supply Services.
- Deputy-Controller of Establishments.