HC Deb 09 March 1922 vol 151 c1509W

asked the Minister of Labour whether ex-service men discharged since December, 1921, will have the same facilities granted to them for going to the Colonies as have been granted to those who were discharged during 1920 and 1921?


I have been asked to reply. I invite the attention of my hon. Friend to the leaflet and circulars issued by the Oversea Settlement Committee. As is explained in those publications applications from ex-serviee men for free passages under the Government scheme must in ordinary circumstances have been submitted by the 31st December last, but in the case of those still serving, who enlisted before the 1st January, 1920, application may be made at any time within one year of release from service, provided that such service was not undertaken for a period exceeding three years.