asked the Postmaster-General the names of the principal firms who are members of the Broadcasting Company and the amount of their holdings; and whether he will publish the terms of the agreement between the Post Office and the company?
The following six companies have guaranteed the capital of the British Broadcasting Company, each holding an equal number of shares, up to a total for the six companies of 60,006 £l shares. No further capital may be issued without the Postmaster-General's consent:
- Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Company.
- Metropolitan Vickers Electrical Company.
- Radio Communication Company.
- The British Thomson-Houston Company.
- The General Electric Company.
- Western Electric Company.
Any other British manufacturer of wireless apparatus may become a member of the company subject to certain terms and conditions already agreed to by the guaranteeing companies. I see no objection to publishing the terms of the agreement between the Post Office and the company if there is a general demand for it.