HC Deb 30 October 1919 vol 120 c930W

asked the Minister of Labour whether any action is being taken to assist ex-Service men or other persons who desire to emigrate to British Dominions?

Lieut.-Colonel AMERY

Direct financial assistance from Government funds is confined to the free passages given to approved ex-Service men and women who intend to settle overseas within the British Empire. The conditions under which these passages are granted were stated in the announcement which I read in the House on 8th April last. All intending settlers, however, can obtain the best available information, advice, and assistance of a like character from the Overseas Settlement Office, whose address is 59, Victoria Street.

Forward to