HC Deb 05 June 1919 vol 116 c2263W
Colonel GREIG

asked the Under-Secretary of State to the Air Ministry whether a substitute protection certificate or preferably a proper discharge certificate can be issued at once to Joseph Deighan, No. 131463, 30, M'Dowall Steet, Johnstone, Renfrewshire, who has lost his temporary protection certificate, given him on 8th April, 1919, at Blandford camp when discharged from the Royal Aix Force on medical grounds (his eyes having beeninjured as a result of blacksmith's training at Horlton Camp, Wend over), and who has applied for one without results and who, being unemployed and having a wife and four children, cannot draw either his twenty-eight days' pay and ration money or the out-of-work grant unless he obtains such a certificate?

Major-General SEELY

The letter of application referred to in the question has not been traced, but instructions are being issued to No. 131463, J. Deighan, to report the loss of his protection certificate to the Pension Issue Office, Baker Street, W. 1, forwarding at the same time his temporary pension allowance book. The Pension Issue Office will then arrange for a fresh protection certificate to be issued to him. In the meantime he should apply to the local war pensions committee for financial assistance, and he is being advised to do this.