§ Captain ORMSBY-GORE
asked the President of the Local Government Board whether work has begun on any of the housing schemes sanctioned by the Board; and, if so, where?
§ Dr. ADDISON
I am not in a position to-day to give my hon. Friend complete information, but I understand that work is in progress in some cases on the houses, 1715W in some cases only, as yet, on the streets and sewers, on schemes promoted by local authorities at:
- Great Yarmouth.
It is anticipated that work will begin within a few days on other schemes at:
In the case of public utility society scheme, work is in progress at:
- Askern Coal and Iron Company.
- Bullcroft Villages.
- Aberconway Garden Villages.
- Braintree Co-operative Homes, Ltd.
- Swanpool (Lincoln).
- Jordan's Village (Bucks).
- Abingdon—Pavlova Leather Company.
- Redcar—Dorman Long and Company.
- Oldbury—Moat Estate, Limited.
- Tredegar Iron Company.
In other cases, we understand that a start will be made after Whitsuntide.