HC Deb 17 July 1918 vol 108 c1063W

asked the Minister of National Service if a man who is employed in chemical works and holds a protection certificate is certified by the doctor that the work is injurious to his Health, and if such a man gets permission from the Labour Exchange to take up some other work of national importance, will this man be entitled to receive a new protection card?


Instructions at present in force provide that if a man who is protected in respect of his employment on munitions work leaves his employment he has fourteen days in which to engage in work of similar importance. If he does not do so within that time he forfeits his protection, unless he satisfied the Enlistment Complaints Sub-Committee that his failure to re-enter such work was due to a reasonable cause.