HC Deb 31 January 1918 vol 101 c1768W

asked the Under-Secretary of State for War whether there exists any provision by which invalided officers can ascertain what clerical positions are open either in the Army or in other Departments of State; and whether in view of the difficulty experienced by invalided and discharged officers in obtaining positions in civil life, some Department will be established with a view to assisting them?


A Department already exists at the Ministry of Pensions under Sir Cyril Jackson, K.B.E., for the discharge of the duty laid on the Ministry by the Naval and Military War Pensions Act, 1915. Forms of application for civil employment are sent by the War Office to officers when they are about to be invalided or retired, and these when completed are forwarded to the Department at the Ministry of Pensions for disposal.