HC Deb 21 February 1917 vol 90 cc1347-8W

asked the Minister of Munitions if he will state the conditions under which petrol can be obtained for the use of tractors and motor vehicles for agricultural purposes, both as regards war tax and quantity?


My right hon. Friend has asked me to answer this question. Arrangements have been made under which licences authorising the supply of the full amount of petrol required for tractors and motor vehicles used for agricultural purposes will be issued by the Petrol Control Committee, provided that the applications are supported, by the War Agricultural Committee concerned or the Irish Department of Agriculture. No-Licence Duty on petrol is payable when the petrol is required for tractors or for motor cars in respect of which Motor Car Duty is not payable under Section 86 of the Finance (1909–10) Act. 1910.