HC Deb 19 February 1917 vol 90 c1006W

asked the Under-Secretary of State for War whether it is intended to adopt in the Army a similar arrangement to that obtaining in the Navy, i.e., that where alcoholic drink was not required as part of the ration adequate payment be made in lieu thereof?


Rum is not issued to the troops as a regular ration, but only at the discretion of the General Officer Commanding on the recommendation of a medical officer. The question of a money allowance in lieu does not therefore arise.

Forward to