HC Deb 17 October 1916 vol 86 cc410-1W

asked the Minister of Munitions if the Department have given instructions that employers in controlled establishments are to send leaving certificates of men of military age to the local recruiting officer to be endorsed, that as the bearer of the certificate is eligible for the Army and has been debadged no person can employ him after the date of leaving his employment; and, if so, will he explain why this is done in the face of the provisions of the Munitions Act and the Military Service Act in regard to the six weeks period of grace?


No instructions of the kind mentioned in my hon. Friend's question have been given by the Department. If he will furnish me with any specific instance of leaving certificates being endorsed I will make immediate inquiries in order to have the matter rectified.