HC Deb 25 May 1916 vol 82 cc2303-4W

asked the Under-Secretary of State for War whether a man posted to a battalion other than the one in which he originally enlisted is required to wear the badges and titles of the unit to which he is posted and to give up those of his original unit; whether a man so posted will be returned to the depot of his original enlistment for his discharge; and whether a man can be posted to a unit other than his own for the whole of his service?


A man transferred to a battalion of another regiment wears the badges of his new regiment. On discharge such a man will be sent to the depot of the regiment to which he belongs at the time his discharge takes place. A man can be transferred to a new corps or regiment for the whole of his service, but in the case of men serving on a peace engagement lasting beyond the duration of the War it is intended to transfer them back to their original corps at the end of the War.