HC Deb 04 July 1916 vol 83 cc1375-6W

asked if the age on the national registration form is taken by the military authorities as the age of a man for military service; and, if a man can prove by a birth certificate that his age was by mistake wrongly stated on the registration form, whether the military accept the birth certificate as a true record of his age?


The question has not arisen so far as is known to the War Office, but if in the future it does arise the birth certificate will be accepted as a true record of the age of a man provided he can show that the certificate of birth applies to him or provided the military representatives can prove that the certificate applies to him.