§ Mr. HOGGE
asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he is now in a position to state the names of the members of the Statutory Committee of the Naval and Military War Pensions Act, the name of the chairman, and the name of the paid vice-chairman; whether he can say if instructions have been given for the setting up of the local committees, or whether these will not be set up until the Statutory Committee gets to work; and whether he can give the address of the offices, temporary or permanent, of the Statutory Committee?
§ The PRIME MINISTER
The following are the members of the Statutory Committee appointed under Section 1 (2) of the Naval and Military War Pensions, etc., Act, 1915:—
Twelve Crown Nominees:
- His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales
- (Chairman). Cyril Jackson, Esq. (Vice-Chairman). Major-General Sir Ivor Herbert, Bart.,
- C.B., C.M.G., M.P. A. A. Allen, Esq., M.P.
- Sir Henry Craik, K.C.B., M.P. C. J. Mathew, Esq., K.C.
- Sir W. Ryland Adkins, M.P.
- Lord Cheylesmore, K.C.V.O.
- The Right Hon. G. N. Barnes, M.P. H. Gosling, Esq.
- Mrs. Sidney Webb.
- Miss Durham.
Six Nominees of the Royal Patriotic Fund Corporation:
- The Right Hon. W. Hayes Fisher, M.P. Admiral Sir Wilmot H. Fawkes, G.C.B., K.C.V.O.
- B. B. Cubitt, Esq, C.B.
- J. E. Rayner, Esq.
- The Countess Roberts.
- Mrs. McKenna.
Two Nominees of the Soldiers' and Sailors' Families Association:
- Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Donald Robertson, K.C.S.I.
- The Countess of March.
One Nominee of the—
- Treasury: H. E. Haward, Esq.
- Admiralty: C. M. Bruce, Esq.
- War Office: Lieutenant-General the Hon.
- Sir F. W. Stopford, K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., C.B.
- National Health Commissioners: D. J. Shackleton, Esq.
- Local Government Board: Sir S. B. Provis, K.C.B.
- Local Government Board (Scotland): Sir R. Macleod, K.C.B.
- Local Government Board (Ireland): C H. O'Conor.