§ Mr. LYNCH
asked the Under-Secretary of State for War whether he can give the names of British consultant surgeons and physicians engaged in medical work with the Expeditionary Force in France or in Belgium, indicating those whose services have been accepted on account of the present War, but who would not otherwise have been called upon in the way of routine service with the Army; whether there is a regular scale of payment of these consultants; and, if so, what is the rate?
§ Mr. TENNANT
The following is a list of the British consultant physicians and578W surgeons employed in France and Belgium:—
With the exception of Sir A. E. Wright and Mr. Lister, these gentlemen are officers of the Territorial Force and were commissioned before the War. They now hold the temporary rank of Colonel in the Army Medical Service, and receive the pay of that rank. They were all appointed consultants on account of the present War, and their services in that capacity have been most valuable.
- Sir G. H. Makins, K.C.B., F.R.C.S.
- Sir A. A. Bowlby, Knt., C.M.G., F.R.C.S.
- Sir W. P. Herringham, Knt., M.D.
- Sir A. E. Wright, Knt., M.D., F.R.C.S.I., F.R.S.
- F. F. Burghard, Esq., M.D., F.R.C.S.
- Sir J. R. Bradford, K.C.M.G., M.D., F.R.S.
- W T. Lister, Esq., M.B., F.R.C.S.
- Sir B. E. Dawson, K.C.V.O., M.D.
- Sir B. G. A. Moyniham, Knt., M.B., F.R.C.S.
- H. M. W. Gray, Esq., M.B., F.E.C.S. Edin.