HC Deb 20 December 1915 vol 77 cc49-50W

asked the Financial Secretary to the War Office whether wounded or invalided soldiers who are physically of no military value now serving with the Colours and who are quite willing to be discharged and to return to their civil employment have the right to apply for medical examination; and what is the procedure to be adopted?


Any soldier has a right to see the medical officer in charge of his unit, and to submit his case to him. If the medical officer considers that his case justifies discharge, he will take the necessary steps to have it brought before the proper authorities for decision.