§ Mr. C. BATHURST
asked the President of the Board of Agriculture whether he has now reconstituted the Rural Education Conference; if so, who are the members of it; and when will its first meeting take place?
§ Mr. HERBERT LEWIS
The Rural Education Conference has been reconstituted by a Minute of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries, and will be known in future as the Agricultural Education Conference. It will consist of forty-four members, of whom six will be nominated by the Board, and one by each of the following bodies:—
- Advisory Councils for Agricultural Education in England.
- Welsh Agricultural Council.
- Yorkshire Council for Agricultural Education.
- Universities and University and Agricultural Colleges.
- University of Oxford.
- University of Cambridge.
- University of Leeds.
- University of Bristol.
- Armstrong College, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- University College, Reading.
- University College, Aberystwyth.
- University College, Bangor.
- Harper-Adams Agricultural College, Newport, Salop.
- Midland Agricultural and Dairy College, Kingston, Derby.
- Seale-Hayne College, Newton Abbot.
- South-Eastern Agricultural College, Wye, Kent.
- Agricultural Education Association.
- Agricultural Organisation Society.
- Association of Directors and Secretaries of Education.
- Bath and West and Southern Counties Society.
- British Dairy Farmers' Association.
- Central Chamber of Agriculture.
- Central Land Association.
- County Councils Association.
- Farmers' Club.
- Land Agents' Society.
- National Farmers' Union.
- Royal Agricultural Society of England.
- Royal Horticultural Society.
- Surveyors' Institution.
- Welsh National Agricultural Society.
Three representative members remain to be nominated, and when this is done the Conference will be completed without delay by the appointment of the Board's nominees.
The first meeting of the Conference may be expected to take place within the next few weeks.