HC Deb 27 January 1913 vol 47 cc1007-9W
- 1. The figures given under "Elementary schools" relate only to public elementary schools (including higher elementary schools) and special schools; they do not include "certified efficient" schools, Poor Law schools, industrial and reformatory schools, Army and Navy schools, etc. The figures include pupil-teachers and student-teachers, but there are other part-time teachers in elementary schools who are not included (the number is not known for 1910–11).
- 2. The secondary schools, whether inspected by the Board or not, not in receipt of Grant are excluded.
- 3. Many of the teachers included in respect of technical, art and evening and similar schools are part-time only.
- 4. The number of teachers in training colleges for secondary school teachers and in training schools of domestic subjects cannot be given, but some of them are included under head 5.
- 5. The Universities of Oxford and Cambridge (except in so far as their elementary training departments are concerned) are not included in the figures given under this head.