§ Lord CHARLES BERESFORD
asked the Under-Secretary of State for War, if he can state to the House how many types of rifles are still actually issued to the military forces of the British Empire, giving their name and mark?
§ Colonel SEELY
The rifles at present in use in the British Empire are:—
- Martini-Metford (M.M.).
- Martini-Enfield (M.E.).
- Magazine Lee-Metford (M.L.M.).
- Marks I.,* II., and II.*
- Magazine Lee-Enfield (M.L.E.). Marks I. and I.*
- Charger - loading Lee - Metford (C.L.L.E.). Mark I.
- Short Magazine Lee - Enfield (S.M.L.E.). Marks I, II., III., and IV.
- Ross. Marks I., II., II.,* and II.**
All the above fire the British 303 Service ammunition.