§ Sir GEORGE DOUGHTY
asked the First Lord of the Treasury whether an Advisory Committee on fishery matters has been appointed by the Development Commissioners; and, if so, would he state the names and qualifications of the members?
§ Mr. HOBHOUSE
In pursuance of the powers conferred on them under Section 4 (3) of the Development and Road Improvement Funds Act, 1909, the Development Commissioners have appointed an Advisory Committee to advise them on applications for advances and schemes for the development and improvement of fisheries.
The Committee is constituted as follows:—
- Mr. H. J. Tennant, M.P., Parliamentary Secretary to the Board of Trade (Chairman);
- Dr. A. E. Shipley, F.R.S., Master of Christ's College, Cambridge;
- Professor G. C. Bourne, F.R.S., Linacre Professor of Comparative Anatomy, Oxford;
- Professor D'Arcy Thompson, C.B., Scientific Member of the Fishery Board for Scotland;
- Mr. D. H. Lane, formerly Inspector of Irish Fisheries.
In addition, the Fishmongers' Company have been asked to nominate a representative.